Live blog of Apple Event on Sep 12, 10 am PST. Get insights from app development experts on how iOS 11 could benefit your app or your app idea.
How does iOS 11 update matter to Startups and Businesses who have apps on iOS platform? Summary from the live blog:
- Apps can use machine learning with Core ML
- ARKit to build incredible augmented reality experience
- Drag-and-drop from app to app on iPad
- New SiriKit for voice assistance
- Screenshots and screen recording
- Depth Map API for Portrait Mode images allows you to create custom depth filters
- Venmo-style Apple Pay payments
- Integrate with Files and give access to files across Apple and third party file systems
- Multi-room capabilities allow your apps to control home audio systems and speakers independently
- Powerful business chat to engage directly with customers
- Apps will be able to use machine learning with CoreML.
- With Core ML, you can integrate trained machine learning models into your app. https://goo.gl/uCh4NX
- Xcode automatically generates interface when you add a model to your Xcode project. Core ML APIs can be used directly in cases where you need to support custom workflows or advanced use cases. https://goo.gl/FJmrui
- ARKit will enable developers to build incredible augmented reality experiences.
Building a Basic AR Experience. Configure an AR session and use SceneKit or SpriteKit to display AR content. https://goo.gl/d6YKrs.
- Augmented reality (AR) describes user experiences that add 2D or 3D.
- ARKit framework combines device motion tracking, camera scene capture, advanced scene processing, and display conveniences to simplify the task of building an AR experience.
- DepthMapAPI: iOS 11 provides support for capturing and manipulating Depth data, and enhanced photo capture.
- High-Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC) is a new standard for video encoding that offers substantially better compression than H.264 at the same level of visual quality.
- Vision API added the Vision framework for detecting faces, barcodes, text, image horizon, and rectangular regions.
- The vision framework will allow image recognition within apps that track a user’s face more effectively. This can be used for the next level of facial recognition application that companies like Facebook and Snapchat have been offering.
- MusicKit gives your app access to the full Apple Music catalog, and to the user’s library.