Top 5 enterprise Blockchain platforms
Blockchain is a disruptive technology that revolutionized almost every industry, including finance, healthcare, supply chain and many more. Blockchain has proved to be the perfect and the most efficient technology in the quest of managing data more securely and privately. As experiments continue with Blockchain technology, even more opportunities are getting uncovered.
The increasing numbers of Blockchain platforms contribute to supporting and accelerating the development of blockchain-based platforms. Businesses have realized the demand and have started to explore the capabilities of Blockchain by developing innovative Blockchain applications.
What is a Blockchain platform?
A Blockchain platform enables the development of permissioned or permissionless Blockchain applications. Hyperledger, XinFin, Ripple, R3 and EOS are a few names providing robust Blockchain platforms and allowing developers to build host applications on the Blockchain.
The factors that can help decide the best Blockchain platform include:
- Development status of the platform
- The reputation of the blockchain platforms on open source software development communities like Github
- The Consensus protocol being used
- Whether the platform supports Smart contract functionality or not
- Scope of scalability the Blockchain platform provides
Top Five Enterprise Blockchain Platforms
- R3 Corda
- Hyperledger Fabric
- Hedera Hashgraph
|XinFin||R3 Corda||Hyperledger Fabric||Hedera||Quorum|
|Consensus algorithm||XinFin Delegated Proof-of-Stake (XDPoS)||Pluggable Framework||PBFT||aBFT||Raft-based Consensus and Istanbul BFT|
|Smart Contracts||Legally bounded||Legally bounded||Not Legally bounded||Legally bounded||Not Legally bounded|
|Currency||XDC||No native cryptocurrency||No native cryptocurrency||HBAR||No native cryptocurrency|
|Operation Mode||Consortium Blockchain||Private Blockchain||Private Blockchain||Public Blockchain||Private/Consortium Blockchain|
|Governance||XinFin Company||R3 Company||Linux Foundation||Hedera Governing Council||JP Morgan|
XinFin’s protocol built upon a paradigm of consortium Blockchains makes it different from other private/permissioned and public Blockchains.
XinFin supports both private and public networks. It implies financial institutions can connect their network to XinFin and have their transactions validated on a public chain. XinFin seeks to combine the advantages of decentralization with security and the high transaction speed of private Blockchain.
XDC is XinFin’s cryptocurrency. Unlike Bitcoin, XDC does not use Proof-of-Work. They use XinFin Delegated Proof-of-Stake (XDPoS). XDPoS consensus mechanism relies on 108 trusted distributed master nodes that need to meet the staking requirements to secure and run the network. Proof-of-Stake mechanism is a decentralized way of validating transactions on the Blockchain network. XDPoS supports low transaction fees and 2 second transaction confirmation time.
XinFin supports all EVM compatible Smart contracts, atomic cross-chain token transfers and protocols. It also aims to continuously research and incorporate new scaling techniques such as sharding, private chain generation, EVM parallelization and new hardware integration into XinFin Network’s Masterernode architecture.
It claims to be an ideal scalable Smart contract public Blockchain for token issues, decentralized applications and token integrations for small and large businesses.
The three main issues that the XinFin network aims to solve are:
- High transaction time and network congestion on Ethereum
- Ethereum’s high transaction fees
- It brings decentralization and interoperability with Ethereum systems
The main unique points of XinFin are its network, products and ecosystem.
The technology description includes:
- XDPoS consensus mechanism
- Built-in governance dApp
- Randomization and Double Validation
- Sharding based on stable Masternode architecture
It enables XinFin to provide:
- Cheap transactions that are approximately 1/100 times of Ethereum’s cost
- 2 seconds transaction confirmation time
- 2000 TPS to manage robust dApp and token ecosystem
- EVM compatibility that allows interoperability with the Ethereum ecosystem
The unique products of XinFin include:
- XinFinMaster: It enables users to apply for the Masternode candidate position and also helps to display Masternode performance stats.
- XinFinScan: It represents all transactions, blocks, Smart contracts, finality, dApps and token information.
- xdcwallet: It allows users to track rewards and securely store, send and receive tokens on the XinFin network.
XinFin is rigorously working to develop an entirely secure ecosystem and has sealed various partnerships from different fields like IT solutions providers, agriculture, advertising, robotics, pharmaceutical tracking, gaming, education and research, communication, payment, food traceability, name service and tourism.
Corda is a permissioned Blockchain platform that supports DLT applications enabling businesses to perform transactions directly and in strict privacy. It doesn’t have a cryptocurrency or any built-in token. Since Corda operates in permissioned mode, it increases privacy and provides fine-grained access control to digital records.
It uses an Asynchronous Byzantine Fault Tolerance consensus mechanism and also offers Smart contract functionality.
Corda was designed for the financial sector but now is being used in various other industries like healthcare, trade, government authorities and supply chain. Many big firms like Intel and Microsoft use Corda as a Blockchain platform.
R3 works with many leading public companies, software firms and government institutions to speed up the design, development and deployment of enterprise-grade Blockchain solutions on the Corda platform. Their professional services suite enables Blockchain experts to step into a successful journey of building a production application and network. There are three fundamental stages of a project on Corda:
- Design: Simplest design to reduce Blockchain complexity
- Develop: Speed up time to production
- Deploy: Confirms growth and long-term success
R3 Corda aims to provide:
- Solution architecture services to design and review the product using CDL (CorDapp Design Language)
- Capacity in your sprints
- Deployment support
Hyperledger Fabric is intended for developing solutions and applications with a modular architecture. The main features of Hyperledger fabric include:
- High performance and scalability
- Permissioned membership
- The modular architecture supporting plug-in components
- Queryable data
- Lower latency of finality
Hedera is different from other Blockchain platforms as it is fair, fast, secure and follows a unique mechanism. It offers considerably better and reliable algorithms for higher transparency.
The main features of Hedera Hashgraph include:
- Faster than other Blockchain platforms
- Secure and stable
- Rapid transactions with low fees
- Multi-signature accounts and transactions
- Implementation of public BFT notary service for Corda
Quorum is an enterprise-focused Ethereum Blockchain that specifically financial sector. Since Quorum operates on a permissioned network, it offers organizations the ability to customize it to their own needs. It is the brainchild of JP Morgan.
The main features of Quorum include:
- Community driven
- Trustworthy and enterprise-ready
- Better performance
- Enhanced contracts and transactions privacy
- Voting-based consensus mechanism
- Proper peer and network management
The innovation with Blockchain technology is moving at a frenetic pace and numerous Blockchain platforms have started to emerge with new robust features. Among the emerging crowd of Blockchain platforms, enterprises need to understand and identify the right platform to build highly scalable applications.
As a leading Blockchain company, we provide valuable Blockchain consultation to our clients. We have an expert team of Blockchain developers who have complete knowledge and practical experience building robust Blockchain applications. If you want us to develop such a high-quality Blockchain application for you, get a consultation and discuss your requirements with the leading Blockchain experts.
Get in touch to identify right blockchain platform for your project
All information will be kept confidential.
Here is the list of the leading Blockchain Development Companies you can work with.
Know about some of the top blockchain platforms to explore in 2021 and identify how to select the right one for your business use case.
Here are the top blockchain technology companies to explore in 2021 and blockchain products that have been built by them.