Build a single blockchain network where all nodes participating in consensus are trustful, to allow general public, government authorities and developers to innovate, collaborate while maintaining national interest.
A national blockchain built on fundamental values:
- All blockchain nodes are permission and are owned by authorized identities of Public, Private or Government body.
- Set of rules defined for national interest that can be enforced for the
application launched on the NBI.
- Permissioned Startups, Government authorities and enterprises will be
allowed to host applications on the NBI
- Government authorities will have access to data across the blockchain nodes
to perform compliance and auditing.
WHAT BENEFITS WILL THE NATIONAL BLOCKCHAIN OF INDIA WILL PROVIDE?
- Platform to launch blockchain products without worrying about the Infrastructures
- Provide Government benefits or sponsorships
- Access to potential customer including government bodies, enterprises or general public
- List in the National Blockchain application directory to get promotion and reach.
- Applications are fundamentally compliance ready to assure easy audits
- Platform to launch government blockchain applications
- Build decentralized trust among all government bodies and transactions by providing everyone to participate in the consensus.
- Ability to screen applications being launched for general public and assure national interest.
- Ability to audit and perform compliance activities
- Single platform of decentralized applications
- Access to applications and information generated on the platform
- Getting clarity and understanding of the blockchain and its values to the end
- Trustful resources
- Single window to access government open databases and public information
WHO CAN CONTRIBUTE TO THE NATIONAL BLOCKCHAIN OF INDIA?
- Startups, enterprises and government authorities can launch blockchain
applications on the platform
- An entry process which assures that companies coming to the platform are
following the required mandate.
Participate in the consensus
- Government authorities
- Public Companies
- Private Companies
- General Public
WHO WILL OWN THE NATIONAL BLOCKCHAIN OF INDIA?
No one owns it however, only authorized parties are participating in the consensus and assuring all information saved by dApps hosted by government, startups and enterprises have received consensus from authorized nodes.
WHAT WILL BE THE TECHNOLOGY STACK?
- NBI should have fundamental DLT attributes including cryptographic security, immutability and decentralized control.
- NBI will need to adapt to various blockchain platform as they mature. Hyperledger, Ethereum, EOS, Hedera are few to name. However it can be done slowly.
- NBI to provide set of smart contracts that enforces maintenance of standards for the blockchain applications.
- NBI will build standards for blockchain applications. For example standard for data access by government authorities, standard of data capturing and so on.
- NBI initial phase could be hosted in the existing data centers owned by government authorities. All we need is few machines with VPN access via firewall. It is absolutely OK if the nodes for NBI are completely separated from the existing data centers.
- NBI to provide set of APIs and interfaces for government to be able to provide compliance and audit of data saved on the NBI.
HOW CAN WE DO IT?
Phase 1: Proof of Concept
- Start by a single machine of Hyper ledger Fabric, as it is the most used,
distributed ledger technology on the AWS cloud. Although the technology stack
will keep expanding and improving over time.
- Launch sample apps from off the shelf examples
- Demonstrate the value of the system by adding few permissioned nodes to the
network to reach consensus together.
Phase 2: Pilot run
- Create an application form, where invite closed group of shortlisted startups and enterprises to come and host there blockchain solution. We make sure we clearly states that this is a development environment and production environment will be available after the pilot is completed. Startups get benefit of ZERO infrastructure cost to start the development of a Blockchain application.
- Allow applications to run over few weeks to identify challenges
- Create the set of requirements for blockchain applications that can be launched
on the NBI
- Create set of rules for data access, data monitoring, data sharing, application
Phase 3: Development Environment Launch
Phase 4: Private Beta Launch
Phase 5: Public Launch
NATIONAL BLOCKCHAIN OF INDIA was proposed by Akash Takyar to the government authorities. Since then government agencies has aligned together to form a national strategy of blockchain. Akash Takyar is the CEO at LeewayHertz
Akash’s ability to build enterprise-grade technology solutions has attracted over 30 Fortune 500 companies, including Siemens, 3M, P&G and Hershey’s.
Akash is an early adopter of new technology, a passionate technology enthusiast, and an investor in AI and IoT startups.
Start a conversation by filling the form
All information will be kept confidential.